Robert Boedigheimer, MVP - Double-header talk:
- Cryptography 101
- HTTP/2: What You Need to Know
The meeting will be held on Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at Station 2 Innovation - 912 7th Ave East, Bradenton, FL 34208. Note the new location. The SarasotaDev meeting is from 6pm-8pm. Note that we have FREE open coworking from 9am-5pm at the Station - please feel free to join us during the day.
Please RSVP for this event at Meetup.com (SarasotaDev is moving there soon):
Robert Boedigheimer Presenting.
Learn the "black art" of cryptography, including public/private and symmetric encryption, hashing, and digital signatures. Review the basics of cryptography and what techniques are appropriate for various situations. Discover practical techniques for securing content received on public web sites.
HTTP/2: What You Need to Know
The HTTP protocol is now over 15 years old and it has served us well, but a new version will address some of the fundamental problems with how it was implemented “on the wire”. The changes are based on experience with Google’s SPDY protocol, but standardized for everyone to use. Major features of the current version such as methods and status codes will be unaffected. Existing sites should just work with the latest version, but they can drop many of the old tricks they used to squeeze out performance like CSS Sprites and file bundling. This session will review the basics of what is being changed, how to best utilize the new protocol, and dispel rumors (such as mandatory encryption).
Robert is a Microsoft MVP, and has been in Florida to present at SarasotaDev several other times over the past several years. Please welcome him and enjoy his latest talk series.
Upcoming SarasotaDev Events in 2016:
We are looking for topics...
Please reply to this email if you have feedback, speaker suggestions, or would like to sponsor the group.
Nearby Events of Note:
- BarCamp Sarasota-Bradenton - After-hours North join us on the 2nd Thursday of each month, from 5:30pm-until at Motorworks Brewery in Bradenton for great conversation! More info here.
- BarCamp Sarasota-Bradenton - After Hours South join us on the 4th Thursday of each month, from 5:30pm-until at Pub32 on the South Trail in Sarasota for great conversation! More info here.
- Suncoast Technology Forum - TechBytes Luncheon on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 11:30am-1:00pm - at the Polo Grill. More info here.
- Tampa Windows AppDev Group - various times. More info here.
- MADTampa Mobile App Developers- second Wednesday of the month. More info here.
Check out the Entrepreneurs & Startups education series schedule at http://www.meetup.com/Entrepreneurs-Startups/ for free events that happen most weeks, and workshop events to grow your business.
More Florida events can be found on Joe (devFish) Healy's events page.
Florida CodeCamps (CC), SQL Saturdays (SS) ITProCamps (IT), and BarCamps in 2015:
Dates are being filled in as they're known. If you haven't attended in the past, a CodeCamp is a free, all-day Saturday developer event put on by regional developers, for developers. If you've been to CodeCamp in the past, then you know you don't want to miss the upcoming season. BarCamps are similar to CodeCamps, except they're not developer-specific, covering business, design, and other topics as well.